Room or tent?
The Miseni Retreat has two main areas, both next to the sacred hill facing the Gongo Forest: the upper campsite area and the lower eco-lodge accompanied by the Mkwaju restaurant and bar.
Rates are valid till 31.12.2019
- Children aged 5 – 16 are charged at 50% of the adult’s rate for accommodation and 50% adult rate for safaris.
- Children under 5 years old are free of charge (Provided that they share room with parents and responsibly for food and personal needs of infant is that of the parents).
Safaris: (not commissionable)
- Car hire for Game drive and Boat safari on Wami River: $180 (2 – 4 Pax) per vehicle
- Car hire for Game drive and Boat safari on Wami River: $320 (4-7 Pax) per vehicle
Miseni Retreat is located inside the Miseni Forest south-west of the Saadani National Park, which is only National Park in the East African Coast and neighboring the pristine Zaraninge Coastal Lowland forest. It offers essential and eco-friendly accommodation with the beautiful view of the Nature. We assist in economic development of the local communities and promote preservation of the Zaraninge and Gongo forests.
Government park fees only apply on days when on safari inside the park or when passing through the park gate, the Saadani Airstrip is available inside the park, so the guest has to pay the entrance fee on the day of arrival and departing if arriving and departing by air.
- From / to Saadani airstrip $50 Per Vehicle. (One way)
- From / to Mandera $50 Per Vehicle. (One way)
- From/ to Dar es Salaam $200 Per Vehicle (One way)
- Extra lunch at the camp - $15 per person
- Extra packed lunch - $10 per person
FIT - PAYMENT TERMS
- Payment of each reservation shall be made as follows when booked more than sixty (60) days from date of arrival:
- A non-refundable 50% deposit upon acceptance of reservations is to be received by Kijani Collection from the Operator within seven (7) days from date of confirmation; failure to do so could result in automatic cancellation of the reservation being held.
- The balance is due not less than the sixty (60) days prior to arrival.
- Payment of each reservation shall be made as follows when booked within sixty (60) days from date of arrival:
- Full prepayment is to be received by Kijani Collection from the Operator immediately from date of confirmation, or prior to arrival in case of a last-minute booking. Failure to do so could result in automatic cancellation of the reservation being held.
FIT - CANCELLATION TERMS & CONDITIONS
- Should a cancellation be received between confirmation and sixty-one (61) days prior to arrival a 20% cancellation fees will be charged.
- Should a cancellation be received between sixty (60) and thirty-one (31) days prior to arrival a 50% cancellation fees will be charged.
- Should a cancellation be received between thirty (30) and zero (0) days prior to arrival a 100% cancellation fees will be charged.
- Cancellation fees are calculated on the total value of the booking.
- All drivers/Guides will be charged TZS55,000/- per night for full board accommodation.
- Alternatively, we charge TZS10, 000/- to eat with our staff.
- An invoice with our Bank account details will be issued on confirmation of reservations. To guarantee a reservation we require a deposit of 50% of the total sum invoiced, All payments in US Dollars. The balance is due 3-4 weeks before clients/guests arrive, so that cleared funds are in our account no less than 14 days before arrival.
- Payments can be made through bank transfers. We are unable to accept $100 & $50 bills printed prior to the year 2006 since they are not accepted by Banks of Tanzania.
- All Prices V.A.T Inclusive.